Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A recipe concured

I am tickled pink.  My mother helped me create a recipe I once adored by my Farmor (father's mother in Swedish).  For years I have hoped to recreate a goulash recipe my grandmother use to make when I was a youngin'.  Unforunately a few years ago she passed away at the rip ole age of 90.  My sisters have plummage through boxes and boxes of recipes but have not been able to locate my personal favorite: goulash. 
Momma
God bless my mother and her impecable memory. Even after 27 years she has been able to remember the ingredients my grandmother used to make this particular dish.  We still need to make some modifications but here is what we've managed so far:
I look just like my mother


1 to 1 1/2 lb of ground beef
12 - 16 oz of wide egg noodles
1 can of Contadina tomato paste
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp of mustard
1 medium onion - chopped

Goulash

Brown hamburger
Add chopped onion
Drain fat from the hamburger
Add tomato paste
Add can of diced tomatoes
In a separate pot, cook the wide egg noodles.
Drain noodle liquid in a measuring cup
Add meat mixture to noodles
Add about 1/2 (2-3 cupps) of the "noodle water" to mixture.
Add the can of cream corn
Stir
Add 2 Tbsp of mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment